The video Did you know 4.0 highlights a number of trends in the way we use information that have implications for policy development within the library and information sector.
Some of the shifts and trends identified in this video include:
- a significant (and climbing) increase in the use of mobile devices
- the increase in digital publishing,
- increased participation by ‘mainstream’ consumers of Web 2.0 technologies means that more people are getting their news and information from social networking sites and they are using cloud services for collaboration and instant feedback
- the rise of social media usage in organisations has led to the need for new policies to cover activities that were not invented 6 years ago
- the cost of technology such as smart phones and tablets continues to decrease while the power and capabilities of those devices continues to increase